– Rougned Odor’s punch earned him free barbecue for life in Ft. Worth:
— Heim Barbecue (@HeimBBQ) May 16, 2016
– Looking for meat in Dallas? Here are seven great meat markets in the area.
– Dallas pitmaster Clyde Biggins has been trying to stage a barbecue comeback for a few years, but now faces a major personal setback after his home burns down.
– Melissa Cookston knows a thing or two about whole hog:
— Abbey Crain (@AbbeyCrain) May 18, 2016
– Smoked, a new barbecue competition show, is coming to Destination America next month.
– The American Royal barbecue competition is leaving Missouri in favor of Kansas.
– A chapter from Rien Fertel’s new book, The One True Barbecue, is excerpted on the SFA website.
– Not everybody loves how they were portrayed in Fertel’s new book:
— The Insider (@ncinsider) May 17, 2016
– JC Reid from the Houston Chronicle dispels a few barbecue myths. Smoke ring, anyone?
– Ronnie Killen of Killen’s Barbecue in Pearland is taking off the pounds. He’s lost 90 pounds since January.
– Steven Raichlen and Aaron Franklin together in Austin next week:
— Franklin Barbecue (@FranklinBbq) May 17, 2016
– Raichlen will be in Amarillo the day prior, and in a preview interview for the event he talks about why he loves Texas barbecue.
– Lucky Peach will also be in Austin next week hosting a Springtime Sausage Social.
– Nick Offerman loves brisket when he comes to Texas, even if it’s from Whole Foods.
– An argument you won’t see in Texas:
Conversation of the Day: Slaw or no slaw — how do you prefer pulled-pork sandwiches? https://t.co/yw7ag2dRKT
— Izzy Gould (@IzzyGould) May 12, 2016
– John Lewis’s coming barbecue joint in Charleston is now sporting a new bovine mural.
– Mark Gabrick, who once owned Cowboys BBQ in Colleyville, is opening a Texas-style barbecue joint in Sarasota, Florida.
– A look at the Red Dirt BBQ Festival:
— Jimmy Ho (@TheSmokingHo) May 16, 2016
– Texas BBQ Treasure Hunt also attended the Red Dirt BBQ Festival, and filed this report.
– If you’ve seen the new Heinz Texas barbecue sauce, then meet the man behind the recipe, Robert Sierra.
– Dive into regional barbecue sauces all over the country.
– There’s a barbecue joint in Lithuania:
— Eater (@Eater) May 13, 2016
– Andrew Zimmern talks with the owners of La Barbecue about their favorite spots in Austin.
– A new barbecue joint called Under the Tower Barbecue, is coming to
Georgetown Round Rock.
– Look at the marbling on that shoe:
— SneakerWatch (@sneakerwatchcom) May 17, 2016