– Kelly Yandell began homeschooling her son this year, and created BBQ Thursday as part of his curriculum. He passed with flying colors.
– A new look at BBQ around the country:
— Bon Appetit Magazine (@bonappetit) May 24, 2016
– 13 year old Ty Machado from Seguin will compete on the Food Network’s Kids BBQ Championship.
– 12 year old Carter Hall from Austin will also compete in the Kids BBQ Championship.
– Definitely a Raging Cajun:
— Grub Street (@grubstreet) May 21, 2016
– Better Homes & Gardens is getting into the barbecue list game. Here are their ten favorite in Texas.
– Here’s an interview with Texas native Chris Fultz and Alex Graf about their ZZQ barbecue business in Virginia.
– The KC Star has a great story about Bill Chaney, a brick layer who has built many of Kansas City’s iconic barbecue pits.
– Listen up:
— Helen Hollyman (@HHOLLYMAN) May 24, 2016
– A Savannah barbecue classic, Johnny Harris, will close this weekend after 90 years.
– Schmidt Family Barbecue has closed its Lakeway location while the Bee Cave original remains open.
– The Houston Chronicle discusses judging a barbecue joint by its cover.
– ABC 13 featured Killen’s Barbecue and the former cafeteria building they inhabit in Pearland in a recent story.
– Craig Hlavaty reports from the Houston BBQ Festival:
– Ugly Duck BBQ, a new joint coming to the Houston area, was featured in the local paper.
– Taste of the Nation is coming to Houston on 09/20, and benefits No Kid Hungry. There will be plenty of barbecue.
– Pinkerton’s BBQ promised a whole smoked alligator at the Houston BBQ Festival.
– And they delivered:
— Jimmy Ho (@TheSmokingHo) May 25, 2016
– The Fort Worth Business news talked to Travis and Emma Heim of Heim BBQ about their upcoming restaurant.
– The Heims were also featured in Zagat’s 30 under 30 list.
– The Heims offered Rougned Odor of the Rangers barbecue for life for his infamous punch, and in turn received death threats.
– The Dallas Observer visits Mike’s Real Pit BBQ in Grand Prairie and finds some good ribs.
– Smoke in Dallas is hosting a dinner on 06/09 to benefit No Kid Hungry, and is bringing in some serious culinary firepower.
– Jurassic Beef:
— Modern Farmer (@ModFarm) May 25, 2016
– Riverport Bar-B-Que in Jefferson was voted as one of the best in the country by USA Today voters, and the local KLTV has the story.
– A BBQ-loving dog in Emory, Texas:
– Zagat created a video menu of the barbecue at Micklethwait Craft Meats in Austin.
– The University of Texas’s QB coach has his own line of barbecue sauce at HEB.
– This year’s class of the BBQ Hall of Fame has been announced:
— American Royal (@AmericanRoyal) May 20, 2016