BBQ pit has been found, a little more paint added, but found. pic.twitter.com/NORKcM2YoW
— Ronnie Killen (@killensbbq) July 6, 2013
– A man brought his smoker onto the subway in New York over the 4th of July holiday.
– Ralph Parker of Parker’s BBQ in Wilson, NC passed away on July 4th.
– Lockhart Smokehouse of Dallas is expanding to Plano with their second location.
– Spenser Magazine filed a story about how the Kreuz and Smitty’s feud helped create soon-to-open Schmidt Family Barbecue in Bee Cave.
– That Schmidt Family Barbecue in Bee Cave is coming along:
— Steven Knuff (@stevenk2) July 8, 2013
– Kenny Hatfield has left/was forced out of Hatfield’s BBQ & Blackjack Beer Garden to open his own venture called Hatfield’s BBQ. He’s brought along some help:
— Thomas Mattson (@BigTomFoods) July 8, 2013
– Steven Raichlen, author of the BBQ Bible, visited Franklin Barbecue and calls it the best brisket in Texas.
– Of course Portland’s best BBQ is a Texas style joint owned by a Texan who learned how to make barbecue in Texas – Podnah’s Pit BBQ.
– A Shiner beer ad (tweet by @JohnMartinIV) announcing their availability in New York is a funny one.
– The Doctors show featured a segment on Pecan Lodge’s barbecue. The point was to find something healthy about it, but I think the host just wanted an excuse to eat their brisket.
— Pecan Lodge (@PecanLodge) July 10, 2013
– A few notable pitmasters in Nashville had a round table discussion about the direction of competition barbecue.
– Finally, the date for ticket sales to the Texas Monthly Barbecue Festival has been announced. Mark your calendars for 8/29 to get your tickets for the vent that will be held on 11/3.