– Good news! The price of beef plate short ribs is now at a three-year low. Those monster beef ribs are going to get cheaper.
– Party like a pitmaster:
– Two industry experts debate the effect that beef feedlots have on the environment.
– What it Takes to Make a Decent Living Raising Ethical Meat
– A man is struck by lightning, survives, and becomes obsessed with barbecue. That’s the story in the novel “Man Alive!” It’s an old interview, but I was just recently pointed to it.
– And one more enters the grocery store barbecue rub game:
— Killen’s Steakhouse (@Killensteak) July 13, 2015
– According to the experts chosen by Thrillist, these are the best regional barbecue bites around the country.
– Robb Walsh shares his seven dirty truths about barbecue with First We Feast. Big if true.
– A Collaboration of Smoke coming to Houston this weekend:
— Pappa Charlies BBQ (@pappacharlies) July 13, 2015
– Lamb bacon is the next bacon, or at least it should be.
– Burger Mary shows you how to make some smoked brisket popcorn.
– London does ribs:
— Standard Going Out (@ESgoingout) July 12, 2015
– Texas BBQ Treasure Hunt goes looking for some barbecue gold at the local HEB.
– The Smoking Ho is impressed with Evie Mae’s BBQ in Lubbock.
– Some boys from Atlanta came to Central (and North) Texas to get a taste of our barbecue.
– Zagat chooses the ten hottest barbecue joints in Atlanta.
– Quick-cook beef ribs:
— Kari Underly (@Kariunderly) July 13, 2015
– Heim Barbecue in Fort Worth launched a Kickstarter page to purchase a new smoker.
– The Pappa Charlie’s food truck in Houston is making plans for a more permanent home.
– Schmidt Family Barbecue has expanded to a new Lakeway location.
— Schmidt Barbecue (@SchmidtBBQ) July 11, 2015
– Huffington Post profiles barbecue Renaissance man John Markus.
– Bon Appétit profiled barbecue author Johnny Fugitt.
– Black’s BBQ and Swift’s Attic teamed up on a monster burger earlier this week:
— Blacks BBQ Austin (@blacksbbqaustin) July 13, 2015
– Some big names are teaming up for Southern Smoke in Houston on 10/11. Aaron Franklin, Rodney Scott, and Sean Brock will join Chris Shepherd at Underbelly for the event.
– The Bitter Southerner website is now hosting all the BBQ videos produced by the SFA.
– The creepiest butchery video I’ve ever seen, especially just after the 5:00 mark: