BBQ News: 08/26 – 09/01
– Texas Tech study shows that antibiotic-resistant bacteria from cattle feedlots can be spread by the Panhandle winds.
– The most important meal:
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) August 30, 2016
– USA Today scoured the country looking for the best barbecue and published their findings in a new list.
– Delish says these are the best barbecue joints in each state.
– CNN takes a world tour of barbecue to uncover pachamanca in Peru, umu in Samoa, and braai in South Africa.
– Virginia, the original barbecue state:
— Tim Carman (@timcarman) August 28, 2016
– Meet Greg Rempe, the voice of barbecue, and the host of the BBQ Central Show.
– Jon Flaming has a show of his barbecue-themed artwork opening tonight in Dallas at the David Dike Gallery.
Here’s a trailer for Jon’s upcoming show, shot at Fatboy’s BBQ in Cooper:
– D Magazine’s list of the 20 best barbecue joints in Dallas is now online. Pecan Lodge took the top spot.
– You’ll be able to find Injectable Great Balls of BBQ at this year’s State Fair of Texas.
– Charleston, SC is quickly becoming the new BBQ hotspot:
— Robert Moss (@mossr) August 29, 2016
– Garden & Gun has more details on Scott’s proposed menu in Charleston like ribs, turkey, mac & cheese and baked potatoes.
– Whole hog barbecue and a spit-roasted goat will be on the menu in New Orleans next week when the Southern Food & Beverage Museum hosts “From the Low Country to the Bayou.”
– 18th & Vine BBQ in Dallas won the Golden Spatula Award at the Steve Harvey show:
— 18th & Vine Barbeque (@18thandVineBBQ) August 31, 2016
– Erik Mrok of Lenox Bar-B-Que is the king of custom barbecue cooking in Houston.
– Mark Butler is marketing his “Texas Gold” mustard-based barbecue sauce that contains no sugar.
– Dustin Blackwell of Hutchins BBQ made stuffed jalapenos, aka Texas Twinkies, with the Wall Street Journal.
– Five good spots in San Antonio:
— CultureMapSA (@culturemapSA) August 27, 2016
– Barley Swine in Austin is hosting an all-you-can-eat barbecue extravaganza on Sunday, September 11th.
– KVUE in Austin is sending two of their reporters out on a series of barbecue excursions, and Snow’s BBQ in Lexington is their first stop.
– KRLD in Dallas found Big D BBQ in Mansfield, and was impressed by the brisket.
– Sad news out of Gregory, TX:
— KRIS 6 News (@KRIS6News) August 31, 2016
– Two New Yorkers originally from Texas smoked a brisket on their roof with a Weber Kettle for Buzzfeed.
– The Blues & BBQ Festival kicks off in Bedford this weekend.
– That’s one heck of a smoker:
The MAN-BQ is finally out. . . pic.twitter.com/e4RD6K7Eys
— Otis Art (@OtisArt) August 14, 2016