– Tickets to the Texas Monthly BBQ Festival go on sale at 10:00am today.
– Meat Fight has announced its chef competitors for the event later this year. Tickets go on sale on 10/04.
– Pig Stand #41 is likely to be demolished:
— Ken Fountain (@kenfountain) September 7, 2016
– DFW.com offers this nudge for a focus on the ample bar at Heim BBQ in addition to the barbecue.
– Central Track dug the barbecue at Intrinsic Smokehouse in Garland.
– Scenes from the Goat Cook-Off in Brady:
— RL Reeves Jr (@RLReevesJr) September 7, 2016
– The Smoking Ho visited The Pit Room in Houston, and provides this first impression.
– Kerlin BBQ in Austin will open a food truck dedicated to their smoked meat kolaches.
– BBQ Recon was impressed with their visit to one of the pop-ups held by Brotherton BBQ in Pflugerville.
– The Smoking Ho checked out another pop-up in Houston:
— Jimmy Ho (@TheSmokingHo) September 5, 2016
– Stanley’s Famous Pit Bar-B-Q in Tyler held a fundraiser for a local animal rescue operation.
– Meathead tells Thrillist how to best grill every cut of the pig.
– Before the Weber Kettle, many grills didn’t have lids:
— Robert Moss (@mossr) September 6, 2016
– Lucky Peach talked with the chefs of Camino in Oakland, CA about the five basic rules for grilling.
– Grilled.net says white barbecue sauce is the next big trend in BBQ.
– The Houston Chronicle is also letting everyone know about Alabama white sauce.
– They’re missing onion rings:
— Deadspin (@Deadspin) September 5, 2016
– I talked with the Texas Standard about a pitmaster who adds chunks of brisket fat to his firebox along with the wood.
– Danny Damian talked to Mike Mills about his meeting with Bill Clinton in 1990.
– BBQ continues its NYC expansion:
— soulfoodscholar (@soulfoodscholar) September 7, 2016
– The Houston episode of Bourdain’s Parts Unknown will air next month, and will feature Burns Original BBQ.
– J. C. Reid of the Houston Chronicle recounts the path Neil Strawder took from Galveston to Long Beach where he owns Big Mista’s BBQ.
– Meet James H. Jones of Jones BBQ Diner in Marianna, AR:
– Scott’s Parker’s BBQ in Lexington, TN cooks whole hog barbecue.
– According to Tampa Bay Creative Loafing, St. Petersburg, FL is a haven for great rib joints.
– 9.6 lbs of ribs in 12 minutes (down from 13.8 lbs in 2013):
— Eater (@Eater) September 3, 2016