– A drone that delivers barbecue was spotted at a high school football game in Idaho.
– An entire steer on a spit at Meatopia UK:
– Man Up Texas BBQ tried out the new Slab BBQ in Austin.
– A full and complete guide to eating at Killen’s Barbecue in Pearland.
– Brooks Place BBQ in Houston will be closed Oct. 26th thru Nov. 2nd 2014.
– The Houston Chronicle profiled the Southern Q barbecue trailer.
– Hungry Todd Rungy eats at Micklethwait Craft Meats in Austin with Mac Blake:
– Eater Dallas looks at the early reviews on Ten 50 BBQ in Richardson.
– The Dallas Observer is not a fan of Sammy’s BBQ in Uptown. The bickering between commenters is greatness.
– The Dallas Voice is impressed with Pecan Lodge, calling it “a contender for one of the top spots among peers.”
– Welcome back to school:
Greeting 55 new HISD teachers recruited from NC at Pizzitola’s barbecue in Houston. Great educators and great food! pic.twitter.com/Zvxe6PfFp8
— Terry Grier (@tgrierhisd) September 9, 2014
– The Barbecue Bros. of North Carolina share a list of southern barbecue news.
– The North Carolina Pork Council created a website just about cooking whole hog.
-Colorado tailgaters are trading barbecue for smoking pot.
– A day with Tom Adams of Pitt Cue BBQ in London:
– The Los Angeles Register wraps up what they think is the city’s best barbecue.
– An All Star BBQ event with lots of big names in food and barbecue is happening this weekend in Brooklyn, then next month in Chicago.
– Blue Smoke in New York and their new chef, Jean-Paul Bourgeois, are looking to make some changes on the menu.
– Kent Black’s BBQ in San Marcos is officially open:
— Kent Black’s BBQ (@KentBlacksBBQ) September 10, 2014
– Full & Content traveled to Amarillo to profile Tyler Frazer of Tyler’s Barbeque.
– The Smoking Ho was impressed with the brisket at Southside BBQ in Elgin.
– I wrote a little something about getting meat drunk for Modern Farmer.
– The TSA steals a man’s barbecue, and Joe’s Kansas City BBQ sends him replacement ‘cue.
– A Pappas Bar-B-Q location in Northeast Houston burned to the ground.
– In hairy pork news:
— MUNCHIES (@munchies) September 5, 2014
– The Steve Mayberry Memorial Cook-off on 9/26 & 9/27 in Carrollton is still looking for a few more cooking teams to enter.
– The Beer, Bourbon, and Brisket Festival is coming to Fort Worth.
– Sad to hear that Curly’s Carolina, TX BBQ in Round Rock will close permanently this weekend.
– Get a taste of the long-closed Harold’s BBQ in Abilene at the West Texas Fair and Rodeo.
– A barbecue question that’s too sad to ponder:
Do you ever worry that you’ve already had the best BBQ you’re ever going to have? @DavidBrownKUT
— Brenda P. Salinas (@brendapsalinas) September 10, 2014