– John Lewis of la Barbecue in Austin is opening a new barbecue joint in…Charleston, South Carolina. He’s bringing some beef to a state where pork is king. Word is, when the doors open to Lewis Barbecue in 2015, it’ll be just down the street from a new location of the already established Home Team Barbecue.
– John Lewis is headed back to Charleston next month for a barbecue event to be held on 11/9. Get your tickets here.
– More big news from la Barbecue:
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) October 8, 2014
– The 2014 class of the Barbecue Hall of Fame were inducted last Saturday.
– Competition barbecue legend Myron Mixon shares some cooking tips with Fox News Magazine.
– Cooper’s BBQ in Austin is coming in a few months:
We are making progress. Target date FEB 1. pic.twitter.com/yBTuDdfhdA
— Cooper’s BBQ (@CoopersBBQATX) October 3, 2014
– A new East Texas barbecue joint called JT’s in Gladewater is serving up smoked goat and lamb.
– Cousin’s BBQ at DFW Airport was named as some of the best airport food in the country.
– Cattleack Barbecue and their smoked brisket secrets are featured in the Dallas Observer.
– The Houston Chronicle profiles Russell Roegels of Baker’s Ribs in Houston.
– Sweet Meats BBQ in Abilene closed their doors, which surprised their customers and their workers.
– Check out Chef Luscher’s take on the deep fried smoked brisket:
— Eater Dallas (@EaterDallas) October 7, 2014
– Freedmen’s Bar in Austin is featured on the In ATX blog.
– USA Today features the barbecue at Stiles Switch in Austin.
– The Barbecue Bros. were unimpressed with Virgie’s BBQ in Houston.
– The Smoking Ho liked the ribs better than the brisket at Two Bros. BBQ Market in San Antonio.
– Central Track compiled a bunch of barbecue lists, calculated their collective scores, and used those numbers to rank the fifty best barbecue joints in the Dallas area.
– A visit to Pig Island in New York:
– WBUR recounts the influence of barbecue in North Carolina politics.
– The cattle market is headed toward…well nobody really knows.
– There was a beef recall from Sam Kane Beef in Corpus Christi. It involved only ground beef, so the briskets are safe for now.
– Adam Perry Lang is doing a three week run out of his Serious Barbecue set up in Jimmy Kimmel’s back lot. This time he’s doing it with the help of a new pit built by Aaron Franklin.
– This is just part of John Mueller’s Twitter rant from last week:
Oh yeah for that period when my food was really shitty… I sincerely apologize… Reason I won’t get into
— John Mueller Meat (@JSM_meat) October 2, 2014
– John Mueller is coming to Houston on 10/25 to cook for Q for a Cause. He’ll be joined by Killen’s BBQ, Big Mista’s BBQ, and Pappa Charlie’s BBQ.
– Carnivore’s Ball is coming to Austin on 10/23. Get your tickets now.
– Texas BBQ Treasure Hunt shares photos of this past weekend’s Smoked Dallas.
– Movie Nights are back at Micklethwait Craft Meats through the month of October, starting tomorrow.
– Travis Heim’s Meat Club is back and meets up next on 10/19 in Fort Worth.
– Tickets for the TMBBQ bus tour through Dallas are on sale.
– Chef Edward Lee makes a 22 ingredient barbecue sauce for mutton:
– This article includes some great shots of smoke infused cocktails.
– The Houston Chronicle takes a look at the various cuts of beef that make up Texas barbecue.
– John Lewis of la Barbecue stars in this ad for Tillamook Country Smokers beef jerky: