– Neil Patrick Harris will be the host of the Oscars. Along with announcing his big news, he also announced his love for the Salt Lick.
– “I actually had my first barbecue here.” – Lorde at ACL Festival in Austin.
– La Barbecue fed Eminem and his crew before his performance at ACL Festival.
– La Barbecue has announced that they plan to open a brick and mortar location on South Congress in Austin some time next year.
– La Barbecue has a new pit in the works:
Brisket pit number 2 in the works!! -Ali pic.twitter.com/6B7xOat4eu
— la Barbecue (@la_Barbecue) October 15, 2014
– Eater Houston looks at six month old Killen’s Barbecue in Pearland.
– The magazine for Southwest Airlines shares some tips with readers for eating barbecue in Dallas.
– The Smoking Ho enjoys a barbecue meal at the Granary in San Antonio.
– How Tyson Ho built a barbecue restaurant in New York, in his own words.
– Carolina style barbecue in New York City:
— Eater NY (@EaterNY) October 14, 2014
– Chefs Tim Byres of Smoke in Dallas and Cory Bahr of Cotton in Monroe, Louisiana are paring up for a culinary event in Dallas on 10/23 called Cotton & Smoke.
– The Carnivores Ball, a star-studded barbecue event in Austin, will be held on 10/23.
– Bacon Bash Texas is coming to Cranfills Gap this weekend on 10/18.
– Gettin’ Sauced is coming to Austin this weekend on 10/19.
– Hill Country BBQ in NYC is holding an event on 10/23 with Seth Meyers entitled “The Brisket Sessions.”
– Robb Walsh shared this video of the Father’s Day BBQ earlier this year in Millheim, Texas:
– McDonalds let cameras into their secret food plant for the first time. The ABC News crew noted that it was pristine, but wouldn’t your house be spotless if you knew the ABC News cameras were coming?
– Along with the launch of its pulled pork sandwich, Wendy’s sponsored a petition to make barbecue the national dish. It’s failing badly.
– On fast food barbecue: “For the two-year period between the second quarter of 2012 and the second quarter of 2014, 51 percent of restaurant operators menued at least one item with barbecue flavor.”
– Beef prices aren’t going down, but maybe pork prices will go down soon.
– Do vegetarians really want a blood substitute in their burgers?
— MUNCHIES (@munchies) October 9, 2014
– Grilling.com cooks two brisket flats side-by-side. One is finished in foil, and the other remained unwrapped. Which one was the big winner?
– The Houston Chronicle takes a tour of the barbecue available in the Woodlands area.
– A new barbecue joint has opened in Lewisville called Badgers BBQ.
– Hungry Todd Rungy enjoys a barbecue smoothie with Aaron Franklin: