– Here’s why good barbecue joints run out of meat.
– The most important employee at a barbecue joint might be the person cutting the meat.
– Ronnie Killen and Wayne Mueller are coming to Austin for a barbecue pop-up on 11/17.
– A new homemade sausage recipe in Austin:
— Valentina’s TxMx BBQ (@Valstexmexbbq) November 7, 2014
– Dave Cathey at the Daily Oklahoman wasn’t going to let anything get in the way of some Franklin Barbecue brisket. “I waited more than four hours in line on a rainy Saturday in October.”
– Tickets for the Foodways Texas 2015 Barbecue Summer Camp go on sale on 12/10.
– The Texas Farm Bureau asks sauce or no sauce?
– A national feature on the Austin BBQ scene:
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) November 13, 2014
– Black’s BBQ celebrated the opening of their new restaurant in Austin.
– Kent Black’s BBQ named best new restaurant in San Marcos.
– According to voters on the Localeur site, these are Austin’s most highly rated barbecue joints.
– Eater National food critic Bill Addison came to Dallas, and left with a new respect for Pecan Lodge.
– Pecan Lodge is a favorite in Dallas:
— Dallas Observer (@Dallas_Observer) November 6, 2014
– SI’s Andy Staples includes a cautionary tale about ribs in Mississippi in this week’s Punt, Pass & Pork.
– A South Carolina barbecue restaurant chain offered a free appetizer to those who brought in obsolete campaign signs.
– Delaney Barbecue in Brooklyn plans to open a national barbecue subscription service.
– A writer at the Guardian in London marvels at how much their fellow countrymen love American style pulled pork.
– Blue Smoke in NYC has a new brisket recipe:
— FoodRepublic.com (@foodrepublic) November 6, 2014
– J.C. Reid of the Houston Chronicle filed this report from the annual cattle auction at 44 Farms in Cameron, Texas.
– Forbes sings the praises of the Salt Lick and their Tempranillo wines.
– A feature on the thirty-year-old The Pit BBQ restaurant in Georgetown.
– He died twice in Iraq, now he cooks BBQ for a living:
— Eater Houston (@EaterHouston) November 12, 2014