BBQ News: 11/11 – 11/17
– Meat Fight in Dallas raised $175,000 in the fight against MS.
– The Dallas Observer has a slideshow from Meat Fight.
– Check out these scenes from the 7th annul Blues ,Bandits, & BBQ fest in Oak Cliff.
– It’s just that the photo doesn’t look like Southern BBQ:
— MUNCHIES (@munchies) November 16, 2016
– The Slow Bone in Dallas will once again provide their no-cost annual Freebird Thanksgiving meal.
– Mike Higgins, President of J&R Manufacturing, talked with KRLD about the smoker business.
– Dallas pitmasters share some of their favorite Thanksgiving recipes.
– Philadelphia loves Texas style barbecue:
— Louie Mueller BBQ (@LouieMuellerBBQ) November 15, 2016
– Shake Shack is introducing a new barbecue chicken sandwich.
– Texas barbecue historian, Robb Walsh, will answer all of your barbecue questions in his Reddit AMA tomorrow.
– Cotten versus Cotten in a a barbecue rivalry in Corpus Christi.
– Have you ever smoked with a pine cone?
– The Austin Chronicle named Kerlin BBQ the best barbecue in Austin (without the wait).
– Slab BBQ, and sandwich-centric barbecue joint in Austin, is expanding.
– The Cochon 555 Heritage Barbecue competition is coming to Austin on 11/20.
– Make some sausage:
— Davey Griffin (@tamudgriff) November 15, 2016
– The Amarillo Globe News reports that “the cattle market is the worst in history.”
– The Top 10 have been named in the Fire & Ice Women’s Championship Barbeque Series.
– Ronnie Killen is set to open is new Killen STQ in Houston later this month.
– Get in the market for barbecue briefcase:
— Eater (@Eater) November 17, 2016