– Stubbs sauce versus Stubb’s restaurant:
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) December 1, 2015
– More details on the Stubb’s v. Stubb’s lawsuit from Texas Monthly.
– Golfer Jordan Spieth is the reigning Masters champion, so he gets to choose the menu for next year’s dinner. As of now, he says he is “leaning towards a Texas-like barbecue.”
– The CEO of Goodwill counts the pork chops at Kreuz Market as last-meal-worthy.
– Yes, they said fish ribs:
— Grub Street (@grubstreet) November 30, 2015
– D Magazine tells a tale of Smoke’s chef Tim Byres and his alter ego, Muldoon.
– A new brewery is opening in Garland. Intrinsic Brewery will also serve barbecue.
– Native of Switzerland who once worked for Wolfgang Puck now owns a barbecue joint in Richmond, Texas called Harlem Road BBQ.
– Texas Pit Quest offers some ideas for setting your holiday table with Houston barbecue.
– Culturemap Houston has an update on recently open and soon-to-open barbecue joints in Houston.
– San Antonio chef Quealy Watson does cabrito:
— NYT Magazine (@NYTmag) December 3, 2015
– CBS News visited Franklin Barbecue in Austin for a chat with owner Aaron Franklin.
– BBQ Recon liked what they found at J & J BBQ & Burgers in Cedar Park, Texas.
– The Coastal Texas Barbecue Trail has added Buffalo Creek Barbecue in Vanderbilt to the map.
– A guide to smoked fish:
— Lucky Peach (@LuckyPeach) December 2, 2015
– Another Texas-style barbecue joint is coming to the Washington DC area.
– As herds expand, Texas cattle prices are coming down.
– A successful new whole hog barbecue joint in North Carolina has a much wider menu than its predecessor.
– Pringles’s new scented candles in the UK include a Texas BBQ scent:
— Homemade (@homemade) December 3, 2015