The smoke room at City Market is worthy of a barbecue-lover’s bucket list. Tucked inconspicuously in the back right-hand corner of the building, its dark windows don’t let on about the meat magic happening behind them, but, boy, is it. The brisket on a recent visit was moist and flavorful, boasting a smoky, semisweet aftertaste (no assistance needed from the excellent mustardy sauce). And to our delight, the pork ribs were just as we’d remembered, with meat that let go of the bone when we bit into its sweet and salty crust. The sausage’s snap was almost audible at a distance, with an equally impressive pink interior that was juicy and pleasantly coarse.
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Tony Buzbee Ran as a Trumpian Shark in the First Round of the Houston Mayoral Race. Now He Appears to Be Dead in the Water.
- The Lost Texans of the Louisiana Pines
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones