Travis and Emma Heim jumped into business ownership with little experience or capital in 2015. The Heim truck hadn’t been parked a year before they got an offer to build out their very own spot on West Magnolia. Their barbecue was that good. That location opened in late 2016 with a new fleet of smokers, a much larger staff, and a well-appointed bar designed to bring in a hip crowd. The barbecue initially suffered through some growing pains and inconsistency, but now it’s back to normal, and their excellent beef rib has thankfully made its way onto the daily menu. Just as the Heims are getting settled, a second location is already in the works.
The juicy stories you crave, delivered to your inbox.
- This Fort Worth Barbecue Trailer Stands Out for Its Superb Brisket, Creative Sides, and “Dank Sauce” By Daniel Vaughn
- The Film ‘Miss Juneteenth’ Honors Fort Worth’s Historically Black Communities By Christian Burno
- On Texas Time: Fort Worth Singer-Songwriter Abraham Alexander By Tyler Hicks
- What Would a Frontier-Era Explorer Take Home From Modern-Day Texas? By Michael Agresta
- Blue Moon BBQ Is Back By Daniel Vaughn