2011: When we arrived at about 2:00 in the afternoon, the place was empty. We grabbed a couple cans of High Life at $1.75 a piece, then settled down for a snack. The sausage link was well seasoned with plenty of smoke, but it was obvious that it had been sitting around a while. The casing was shriveled and the filling was dry but a dip into that sweet sauce cured all. The brisket was also a tad dry but had excellent flavor. The meat was plenty tender, with loads of smokiness. The crust and smoke ring were well formed and the seasonings were just right. But I still ended up dipping it into that addictive sauce.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas