When we asked a resident Parisian to impress us, he whisked us away to Scholl Bros. The ribs are prepared in the region’s signature style, using a sweet mustard rub, in a pecan-fed gas smoker. The thirteen-hour brisket wasn’t as good, but the sauce, a concoction flavored with brown sugar, gave the beef a much-needed boost.
The juicy stories you crave, delivered to your inbox.
- Can the Black Lives Matter Movement Heal Paris, Texas? By Katie Nodjimbadem
- Shangela, the Texan Drag Superstar, Draws From Her Paris Upbringing in a New HBO Series By Cat Cardenas
- About Time: The French Honor the Films of Richard Linklater By Kathy Blackwell
- Traveling 130 Miles Along the Northeast Texas Trail By Wes Ferguson
- What Brisket and Chocolate Have in Common (Besides Being Delicious) By Daniel Vaughn