The meats at this convenience store with but three tables were so pleasingly smoky we were shocked to learn the pit burns propane. TC’s only sells meat by the pound and sandwiches. Of the eight meats, seventeen-and-a-half-hour brisket and piquant beef-pork hot links were the stars. Beans and slaw are made in-house. Dark, medium-thick sauce had a vinegary nip. Fresh desserts too.
The juicy stories you crave, delivered to your inbox.
- What Brisket and Chocolate Have in Common (Besides Being Delicious) By Daniel Vaughn
- Turkey Legs Smothered in Mac and Cheese Are the Latest, Greatest Texas Trend By Daniel Vaughn
- How Big Al’s Smokehouse Is Ensuring Its Barbecue Comfort Food Survives the Pandemic By Daniel Vaughn
- BBQ News Roundup: A McKinney Staple Forced to Close By Daniel Vaughn
- Why the Texoma Region Is Worth a Barbecue Tour By Daniel Vaughn