The meats at this convenience store with but three tables were so pleasingly smoky we were shocked to learn the pit burns propane. TC’s only sells meat by the pound and sandwiches. Of the eight meats, seventeen-and-a-half-hour brisket and piquant beef-pork hot links were the stars. Beans and slaw are made in-house. Dark, medium-thick sauce had a vinegary nip. Fresh desserts too.
Sign up for our BBQ Newsletter
A biweekly dispatch of BBQ news, our new favorite joints, and everything else you need to know about ‘cue in Texas.
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame