On May 21, security cameras at the Amarillo Zoo captured a mysterious figure wandering just outside the grounds around 1:25 a.m. Stumped, the city released an image on June 8, with a tongue-in-cheek request for help identifying what it’s calling the UAO (Unidentified Amarillo Object). We at Texas Monthly are more than happy to oblige! Here are some of our suggestions.
- Ruckus, the Amarillo Sod Poodles mascot, on a drunken bender. (Side note: are the Sod Poodles not the best-named team in Minor League Baseball?)
- Hayden Pedigo, the Amarillo-raised musician and prankster, trying out a new art form.
- Ted Cruz’s miniature poodle, Snowflake, who finally broke free.
- The next Texas Democrat to run for statewide office, and this time, she’s gonna win.
- Another California transplant 🙄.
- It’s just a little smudge on the camera lens—calm down.
- Three nutrias in a trench coat.
- Sorry to inform you, but this is what Buc-ee actually looks like IRL.
- Something even more threatening and evil than critical race theory.
- Elon Musk.
- Please, please, please, let it be El Niño. We need him. It’s so dry here.
- The next evolution of the feral hog.
- Wait, is this what an NFT is?
Ozymandias, with his new legs.
- A very welcome distraction from the rest of the Texas news cycle.
- Chupacabra, y’all. It’s obviously a chupacabra.