Recommended reading: Robert J. Samuelson’s column in today’s Washington Post. Global warming is one of those issues I know I ought to worry about but don’t for fear I might be tempted to get rid of my Suburban. (Also, I prefer to worry about truly important things, such as whether Roger Clemens can regain his old form.) I feel better today after reading Samuelson’s trenchant take. It’s the best thing I’ve seen about global warming and has the added virtues of (1) being short and (2) decimating Al Gore. Here’s his point: Global warming isn’t a moral crusade. It’s an engineering problem. And there isn’t much anybody can do about it.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas