This is for serious political junkies only: Check out the NY Times online electoral guide. It has great information about every U.S. Senate and House race and all the governors’ races–including, when available, money raised, candidates’ commercials, polls, and demographic data. One thing the map doesn’t do is offer much solace for Democrats hoping to regain control of one, or both, houses. In the Senate, where Republicans enjoy a 55-45 majority, the Times reckons that only six Republican seats are in play and the Democrats have to win them all to regain control. In the House, the Times has Republicans with 194 safe seats and 26 leaning their way, which is just enough for a narrow majority in the 435-seat House.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation