A reader posted a comment about this last night, and I made it into a brief post. However, my attempts to confirm it were unsuccessful, so I removed it from the Web site, rather than keep an unconfirmed report on display. A few minutes ago I received a call from Representative Pena. He wasn’t concerned that I has posted the reader’s comments. “It got the ball rolling,” he said. “I am taking it under consideration,” he told me from Phoenix. “When I get home to Texas on Tuesday, I’ll talk to people. What concerns me is, How do you function as a super minority? I’m concerned the Democrats will be irrelevant. I’m considering every option. What is the best way to help my constituents?” Pena said that he would make a formal statement next week.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas