Bob Duncan, responding to Leticia Van De Putte, says the Attorney General is not a proper witness in the Texas Senate Committee of the Whole on Voter ID because it “is an issue in which we know there will be a review by the court system and the DOJ.” Van De Putte points out Abbott DID participate last session; also Senate Democrats issued a formal invitation to Abbott to testify about his office’s $1.4 million voter fraud investigation. “You are not going to produce him and he is ignoring our request, ” she says. She also says a person is more likely to be struck by lightning than a person is likely to impersonate another voter — to great moans from the gallery. Tommy Williams asks for strict enforcement to remind the gallery not to turn the proceedings into a pep rally. The sargeant-at-arms is dispatched to keep order in the gallery.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame