Referring to the poll from Hill Country Consultants (no one honored the embargo but us because we have things like “ethics” and “I’m kidding”), Burka says that the Republicans in Texas have blown it. (So, apparently, do the voters who said R’s are more arrogant, racist, and corrupt. Is that an insult or a compliment?) Honorably Mentioned: David Hill, Rick Perry, Tom Craddick, David Dewhurst
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation