This is according to an administration source at A&M. Jeff Wentworth is another possibility. Jay Kimbrough, Perry’s fix-it man, would probably move to general counsel. Perry wanted Gramm at the time that regents chose Robert Gates. Gramm is a vocal backer of the Perry higher ed reforms. He would have been a disaster then and he will likely be a disaster now.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- The Hero Myth of Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named “Big Beaners” Provokes Controversy
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- A New Texas COVID-19 Tracker Offers a Ton of Useful Information
- Thursday’s Tense But Peaceful Protest at the Austin Police Department
- A Q&A With the Organizer of the Black Lives Matter March in Vidor
- BBQ News Roundup: Supporting Black Pitmasters and Mourning Louisville’s David McAtee
- Remembering Bobby Morrow, the Texas Sprinter Who Was Once the World’s Fastest Man
- The Best and the Bums: Streets of Rage