A story is making the rounds that Kay Bailey Hutchison sent (or is sending, or will send) an emissary to David Dewhurst with the message that she is definitely running for governor in 2010 and would like the lieutenant governor to find some other office to run for. Is this a true rumor, or just truly a rumor? Well, the Dewhurst folks have heard it. They think it’s coming from the Capitol in Austin, not the one in Washington, and was started by folks who do not wish the lite guv well. (MT is a suspect, and so is BM. And don’t forget JS, who is now back in the game and so dearly loves to get inside an adversary’s head.) Rather than a likely scenario, they see it as effort to undermine Dewhurst for the budget battle with RP and TC next session.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame
- More Colorful Texas Sayings Than You Can Shake a Stick At