A story is making the rounds that Kay Bailey Hutchison sent (or is sending, or will send) an emissary to David Dewhurst with the message that she is definitely running for governor in 2010 and would like the lieutenant governor to find some other office to run for. Is this a true rumor, or just truly a rumor? Well, the Dewhurst folks have heard it. They think it’s coming from the Capitol in Austin, not the one in Washington, and was started by folks who do not wish the lite guv well. (MT is a suspect, and so is BM. And don’t forget JS, who is now back in the game and so dearly loves to get inside an adversary’s head.) Rather than a likely scenario, they see it as effort to undermine Dewhurst for the budget battle with RP and TC next session.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas