A story is making the rounds that Kay Bailey Hutchison sent (or is sending, or will send) an emissary to David Dewhurst with the message that she is definitely running for governor in 2010 and would like the lieutenant governor to find some other office to run for. Is this a true rumor, or just truly a rumor? Well, the Dewhurst folks have heard it. They think it’s coming from the Capitol in Austin, not the one in Washington, and was started by folks who do not wish the lite guv well. (MT is a suspect, and so is BM. And don’t forget JS, who is now back in the game and so dearly loves to get inside an adversary’s head.) Rather than a likely scenario, they see it as effort to undermine Dewhurst for the budget battle with RP and TC next session.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- Amid a Spate of Late-Term Trump Pardons, Reality Winner’s Name Remains Conspicuously Absent By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe