Sen. Kip Averitt says he is optimistic that he will be able to amend his CHIP expansion bill to House a bill still waiting for Senate approval — but says he is waiting to see if the House moves first. While he says he has not spoken directly to Dewhurst about it, he believes the lieutenant governor is “fond” of the CHIP proposal and would be amenable to his attempts to revive it “I’m basing my opinion on my feeling for the Senate,” Averitt said of his positive mood.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 12: Our DIY Graduation Ceremony