A lot has been happening, and I haven’t blogged about any of it: Barrett’s amazing win, Abbott’s opinion, the crazy State Board of Education. The reason is that I have been writing a feature story on a tight pre-Christmas deadline for the February issue. I turned it in last night. It feels good to get that silly serious journalism out of the way and get back to the real business of blogging.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe