A lot has been happening, and I haven’t blogged about any of it: Barrett’s amazing win, Abbott’s opinion, the crazy State Board of Education. The reason is that I have been writing a feature story on a tight pre-Christmas deadline for the February issue. I turned it in last night. It feels good to get that silly serious journalism out of the way and get back to the real business of blogging.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Meet the Harris County Voters Who Showed Up After Midnight to Cast a Ballot By Peter Holley
- The Unlikely Candidate Who Might Flip a Republican Stronghold By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa
- An Underdog Democrat Flipped Texas’s Thirty-second in 2018. Republicans Face an Uphill Battle to Win It Back. By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe