The Associated Press is reporting that Dan Bartlett, counselor to the president, is resigning after being with George W. Bush for fourteen years. He will seek a career outside of government. This is the point in a presidency — just over a year and a half left — when aides start to look for a soft place to land.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe