(From KERA) The Texas Debates is produced by KERA in partnership with CBS 11 (KTVT-TV) and TXA 21 (KTXA-TV), Star-Telegram, KUVN Univision 23, The Texas Association of Broadcasters (TAB), Texas State Networks and the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas. The debate will be moderated by KERA News Director Shelley Kofler. CBS 11 News Anchor Doug Dunbar will host questions from the live audience which will include Republican voters from Denton and Tarrant counties. Questions also will be posed by a panel of journalists including: • Shelley Kofler, KERA-FM and KERA-TV • María Renée Barillas, KUVN Univisión 23 • Dave Montgomery, Star-Telegram The Texas Debates will air live on TexasDebates.org, KERA-TV, KERA-FM and TXA 21 (KTXA-TV), as well as other radio and television stations around the state (click for list). Extended live post-debate coverage will continue on TXA 21 until 9:00 p.m., including the candidates’ news conference, with expert analysis and discussion.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe