(From KERA) The Texas Debates is produced by KERA in partnership with CBS 11 (KTVT-TV) and TXA 21 (KTXA-TV), Star-Telegram, KUVN Univision 23, The Texas Association of Broadcasters (TAB), Texas State Networks and the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas. The debate will be moderated by KERA News Director Shelley Kofler. CBS 11 News Anchor Doug Dunbar will host questions from the live audience which will include Republican voters from Denton and Tarrant counties. Questions also will be posed by a panel of journalists including: • Shelley Kofler, KERA-FM and KERA-TV • María Renée Barillas, KUVN Univisión 23 • Dave Montgomery, Star-Telegram The Texas Debates will air live on TexasDebates.org, KERA-TV, KERA-FM and TXA 21 (KTXA-TV), as well as other radio and television stations around the state (click for list). Extended live post-debate coverage will continue on TXA 21 until 9:00 p.m., including the candidates’ news conference, with expert analysis and discussion.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Lege Always Debates Abortion. This Year It Will Do So With More Vigor. By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe