This is from a release by the Lance Gooden campaign: Bum Steers: Sheila Jackson-Lee, Gloria Steinem and…Betty Brown TERRELL, TX – State Representative Betty Brown joined the ranks of other not-so-respected public figures like liberal Democratic Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee, radical feminist Gloria Steinem and Playboy Playmate Anna Nicole Smith when she was recently named a “Bum Steer” by Texas Monthly magazine. The January 2010 issue features Brown’s now-famous gaff during a hearing of the Texas House Elections Committee. The excerpt from Texas Monthly reads, “Representative Betty Brown, of Terrell, responded to a witness testifying before the Texas House Elections Committee about voting challenges faced by some Asian Americans with this instantly infamous quip: “Can’t you see that this is something that would make it a lot easier for you . . . if you could adopt a name . . . that’s easier for Americans to deal with?” * * * * Uh, Lance. Have you considered that this will probably win votes for Betty Brown in East Texas, not lose them? But thanks for the recognition.
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones