It’s on the House calendar for Monday: HB 2131 Geren / Solomons / et al. Relating to the issuance of a pass for expedited access to the State Capitol. Bill analysis: All of the old political hacks won’t have to put up with the public getting in line ahead of them any more. WHY ISN’T THIS ON LOCAL AND CONSENT?
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe