It’s on the House calendar for Monday: HB 2131 Geren / Solomons / et al. Relating to the issuance of a pass for expedited access to the State Capitol. Bill analysis: All of the old political hacks won’t have to put up with the public getting in line ahead of them any more. WHY ISN’T THIS ON LOCAL AND CONSENT?
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Record Turnout Helped Texas Republicans, So Why Are They Still Pushing to Make It Harder to Vote? By Mike Snyder
- How Austin Cut One Third of Its Spending on the Police Department By Leif Reigstad
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe