This is what I keep hearing from well connected folks in Houston: White will go wherever Kay Bailey Hutchison doesn’t. If she runs for governor, he runs for the Senate (in a special election to complete Hutchison’s term); if she stays in the Senate, he runs for governor. Makes sense to me. Two years is forever in politics, but at least as things stand today, I don’t think White could beat Hutchison (I’m assuming that she beats Perry, if he runs), but he would have a good shot at winning a Senate seat.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe