This is what I keep hearing from well connected folks in Houston: White will go wherever Kay Bailey Hutchison doesn’t. If she runs for governor, he runs for the Senate (in a special election to complete Hutchison’s term); if she stays in the Senate, he runs for governor. Makes sense to me. Two years is forever in politics, but at least as things stand today, I don’t think White could beat Hutchison (I’m assuming that she beats Perry, if he runs), but he would have a good shot at winning a Senate seat.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Meet the Harris County Voters Who Showed Up After Midnight to Cast a Ballot By Peter Holley
- The Unlikely Candidate Who Might Flip a Republican Stronghold By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa
- An Underdog Democrat Flipped Texas’s Thirty-second in 2018. Republicans Face an Uphill Battle to Win It Back. By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe