While I wait for the Perry and Strayhorn folks to call, I might as well give you the street talk. Strayhorn will show that she raised somewhere between $2 million and $3 million — a good showing — with support from big-time trial lawyers. Perry will show around $3 million raised and substantial expenditures resulting from a major TV buy to tout the property tax cut and teacher pay raise that were passed by the special session of the Legislature.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Texas Has More Early Voters Than Any Other State By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe