My post last week about the State Board of Education discussion and voting on social studies standards (“Jefferson wins! He’s back in the textbooks”) began with this sentence: This “tick-tock” report comes from my colleague Katy Vine, who has been following and writing about the State Board of Education for Texas Monthly. What I did not realize is the report, which makes up the bulk of the post, was forwarded material that originally appeared on the Web site of the Texas Freedom network, a leading critic of the actions of the conservative majority on the State Board of Education. My former intern, Abby Rapoport, likewise notified me about this. Had I been aware of the origin of the material at the time that I wrote the post, I would not have published it without attribution to the Texas Freedom Network.
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Councilman
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Who Gets to Live and Die When the State Relies on False Testimony in Death Penalty Cases?