Patricia Kilday Hart and I are now working on the Ten Best and Ten Worst story for the 80th Legislature. We are offering a one-year subscription to TEXAS MONTHLY for the correspondent who can come closest to predicting our choices. Anyone caught hacking into the magazine’s web site, as a certain press secretary did in 2003 (NOT a joke), will be disqualified. Anyone who says that our list is stupid because there can’t be Ten Best from this session will be disqualified. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, June 13, at 11 p.m. The list will be made public on the morning of Thursday, June 14. Submit your entries by e-mail to [email protected] and include a telephone number so that we can notify you if you win.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Record Turnout Helped Texas Republicans, So Why Are They Still Pushing to Make It Harder to Vote? By Mike Snyder
- How Austin Cut One Third of Its Spending on the Police Department By Leif Reigstad
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe