Senator Zaffirini, who misses nothing, informs me that in citing the language of the proposed rule establishing a process for removing the speaker, I wrote: The refusal of the speaker to recognize a member for a question of privilege that is in order under this chapter is subject to an appeal to the house if the member seeking recognition submits to the speaker a written motion requesting recognition that is singed by at least 76 members of the house. I should have written “signed.” Or should I?
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe