The numbers I was provided about the pace of the House in passing bills were incorrect. The legislative library provided the accurate numbers. The House, through day 101, is 165 bills behind on major calendars: 321 bills passed last session, 156 this session. On the local calendar, they’re 50 behind, m 206 to 156). I appreciate the library’s help.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe