The numbers I was provided about the pace of the House in passing bills were incorrect. The legislative library provided the accurate numbers. The House, through day 101, is 165 bills behind on major calendars: 321 bills passed last session, 156 this session. On the local calendar, they’re 50 behind, m 206 to 156). I appreciate the library’s help.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Meet the Harris County Voters Who Showed Up After Midnight to Cast a Ballot By Peter Holley
- The Unlikely Candidate Who Might Flip a Republican Stronghold By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa
- An Underdog Democrat Flipped Texas’s Thirty-second in 2018. Republicans Face an Uphill Battle to Win It Back. By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe