The numbers I was provided about the pace of the House in passing bills were incorrect. The legislative library provided the accurate numbers. The House, through day 101, is 165 bills behind on major calendars: 321 bills passed last session, 156 this session. On the local calendar, they’re 50 behind, m 206 to 156). I appreciate the library’s help.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof