As he can usually be counted on to do, Perry named an old crony to the CPRIT oversight board. The new appointee is Gerald Geistweidt, a former Republican legislator who goes way back with Perry to 1987, when they were among the budget-cutting “pit bulls” on the House Appropriations committee. Geistweidt can be counted upon to protect Perry’s interests. Having said that, the next question that should be asked is when an investigation of CPRIT will be launched to determine what happened to the $3 billion that funded the Cancer Institute.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe
- “Will Rap 4 Weed” and Other Independent Candidates for Governor You Probably Won’t Hear About Again in 2018 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- The Republican Tax Bill Likely Will Add to the Coming Explosion in the National Debt By Bill King
- Ken Paxton Rules That Licensed Handgun Owners Can Bring a Firearm to Church By R.G. Ratcliffe