So the Hammer has to remain on the ballot after all — or at least that’s what U.S. District Judge Sam Sparks says. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy, but Democrats should keep the cork in the champagne. The very Republican Fifth Circuit Court well may take the opposite view.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- How the Texas GOP Went Off the Rails in 2020 By Christopher Hooks
- Texas Democrats Went Missing for Decades. Can They Come Back Tuesday? By Christopher Hooks
- Democrats Have Poured Money Into a Long Shot Bid to Defeat Rising GOP Star Dan Crenshaw By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe