Mike Ward reported this development in the Statesman. He quotes Dewhurst as saying, “I know John Bradley and know him to be a very effective DA.” That’s debatable, but, effective DA or not, Bradley is not seeking reappointment as a DA. He is seeking reappointment as chair of the Forensic Science Commission. And he has not been an effective chairman of the FSC, unless you regard obfuscation, delay, and covering for Rick Perry as measures of effectiveness. Bust him.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Unlikely Candidate Who Might Flip a Republican Stronghold By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa
- An Underdog Democrat Flipped Texas’s Thirty-second in 2018. Republicans Face an Uphill Battle to Win It Back. By Dan Solomon
- How the Texas GOP Went Off the Rails in 2020 By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe