Here we go again. Another Rick Perry challenger can’t get his act together. Why has White allowed the issue of when he is going to release his income tax returns to fester? He is going to have to release them, sooner or later. He needs to get the subject off the front pages. You can’t run on your integrity and the other guy’s lack of it when you refuse to make a disclosure that has become routine for candidates for high office. This is elementary politics, page 1 of the campaign manual. Every day that the story remains alive is an opportunity for the Perry campaign to say things like, “What is Bill White afraid of? The people of Texas deserve to know the truth about his finances, the conflicts that might arise if he were elected governor, and what shady business deals he is hiding.”
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones