I’m not going to spend a lot of time on this. I’ve already said my piece. Voter ID is intentional voter suppression. Is it unconstitutional? Probably not. I admit to being uncomfortable that a state statute can be voided by the executive branch. That’s not separation of powers as I learned it.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Lege Always Debates Abortion. This Year It Will Do So With More Vigor. By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe