I’m not going to spend a lot of time on this. I’ve already said my piece. Voter ID is intentional voter suppression. Is it unconstitutional? Probably not. I admit to being uncomfortable that a state statute can be voided by the executive branch. That’s not separation of powers as I learned it.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Dan Crenshaw’s New Campaign Ad Is a Whole Thing By Dan Solomon
- Shelley Luther Calls Greg Abbott a “Tyrant Governor.” Can It Get Her Elected During a Pandemic? By Peter Holley
- Drive-through Voting. 24-Hour Polling Places. Finger Condoms. Welcome to Election 2020 in Harris County. By Michael Hardy
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe