Updating yesterday’s post, from the family: Donald Howard Yarborough, who ran for governor of Texas three times and helped mobilize the progressive democratic movement in Texas against the conservative big-oil factions that had so long dominated the state, died peacefully in his sleep today/Wednesday/Sept. 23 at his home in Houston, Texas.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- In Texas’s Food Deserts, Food Banks Struggle to Do More With Less
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 13: A Surprise From Mom
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short