From Ron Brownstein, formerly of the L.A. Times, now with the National Journal. He was in town for the Texas Book Festival and I had breakfast with him and a friend yesterday. “He was entirely too comfortable with being president of half the country.”
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Texas Has More Early Voters Than Any Other State By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe