11/14 Update: Peer Pressure works again! Now we have eight of the nine. (Delwin Jones, please report to me.) So who’s your favorite? Naturally, in the interest of bipartisanship and journalistic ethics, I will not be revealing my choice. 11/14 Update #2: Delwin Jones’s statement was lost in Evan Smith’s office clutter. The list now reflects this. We asked each of the candidates (as nicely as possible) for Speaker to submit statements on why they think they should hold the highly coveted gavel next session. Six have gotten back to us; three are MIA (you know who you are). Click to read them at Speaker Up.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- Recipe: Smoked Mac and Cheese
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- Recipe: All-Purpose Instant Pot Chicken With Tomato and Chiles
- Taco News Roundup: Embroidered Face Masks and Taco Cabana’s Free Lunch for Kids
- Texas Is Screwed More by the Electoral College Than Any Other State, Despite Our Size