This race was won in the primary with a piece of mail raising the issue of whether Griffin got a sweetheart deal on property that he owned (a low appraisal and a high purchase price). Otherwise Griffin would have won the race without a runoff. The mailer knocked him below 50% and conservatives got their voters out in the runoff.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof