The Bill Flores campaign is touting a poll that shows Flores leading Edwards by 55% to 36%. This is from the Flores’ release: A new general election poll of 400 likely voters taken by On Message, Inc. shows Republican nominee Bill Flores leading 20-year incumbent Democrat Congressman Chet Edwards (D-TX) by a margin of 55 percent to 36 percent with less than six weeks to go before Election Day. The margin of error is +/- 4.9 percent. All reports I have heard from San Antonio indicate that Quico Canseco is running well ahead of Ciro Rodriguez. Assuming that the Flores poll is legitimate–that is, not a push poll–the likelihood is that Democrats will lose both of these seats.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe