Calendars chair McCall says that the House has debated 94 fewer bills than it had at this time last session–but will catch up by the end of next week (May 1). Bill sponsors have been evenly divided between the two political parties. Through Monday, 50.4% of the bills had Republican sponsors, 49.6% had Democratic sponsors. Two years ago, the tally was 68-32, and most of the Democratic sponsors were Craddick D’s.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame