I’ve been watching Senate Transportation on TV. Hegar is talking about the process: “There is a prevailing thought among the public that they want their tax dollars to be used to build roads, nothing more, nothing less. They want transparency and accountability in the agency, nothing more, nothing less.” … “I want to change the attitude of an agency.” “I am convinced that we must have an oversight committee.”
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- How the Legislature Might Address the Less-Than-Dire Budget Shortfall By R.G. Ratcliffe
- The Texanist: Who on Earth Holds a Cookout at a Highway Rest Stop? By David Courtney
- Texas Comptroller Delivers Healthy Revenue Estimate to Lawmakers By Carlos Sanchez
- The Struggles of The Fastest Highway in America By Dan Solomon
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come By Loren Steffy