What is George Bush running for? George P. Bush, that is. The Rice University (a plug for the old alma mater) and UT Law School (and another plug) grad told Time last year that a run for public office was at least ten years away. But Republicans in North Texas have observed Jeb’s son speechifying at GOP gatherings with increasing frequency. One possibility is a congressional seat. Sam Johnson, who turns 76 later this year, could retire. Or, Texas’s rate of population growth (9.6% since 2000, compared to a national average of 5.3%) means that the state could gain a congressional seat in Dallas’s swelling northern suburbs in 2011 when–shudder–redistricting rolls around again.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free